“The school affirms, as its central mission, that every child has the right to a quality education, that higher academic standards must be set and that every child can and will succeed in ways that reflect his or her own unique aptitude and interests.” – The Basic School: A Community for Learning– Dr. Ernest Boyer
The Sedona Village Learning Center (SVLC) is a preschool for young learners. Our child-centered program uses creativity, inquiry, play and positive relationships to support a life-long love of learning. learning.
We offer part- and full-day enrollment and hands-on and project-based learning experiences in the natural sciences, arts, music, history, world languages and culture.
We work with committed and passionate staff and partners with expertise in their field who bring diverse materials and lessons.
To teach literacy, we use the Pearson School OWL (Opening the World of Learning) program. This is the same curriculum used by the Sedona-Oak Creek Unified School District, which prepares students to enter kindergarten there at the end of the program.
Our program blends International Baccalaureate curriculum with Montessori style based on the training of our teachers and directors.
See more about our Forest Program here.
What sets us apart?
- Uniqueness of the curriculum, which drives the school in having a high-quality program
- Excellent training of the educators. The credentials and background that meet/exceed those of other preschool teachers
- Our facility in the Big Park building is designed for a program like ours.
- Community members and their engagement in our curriculum
- (7:30-8:30 Early Drop off)
- 8:30-8:45 Morning Drop-Off
- 9-9:20 Circle Time
- 9:20-9:50 Themed Project
- 9:50-10:00 Bathroom/Coats
- 10:00-10:30 Outside Play
- 10:30-10:45 Handwashing/Bathroom
- 10:45-11:00 Snack
- 11:00-11:30 Small Groups/Free Play
- 11:30-11:50 Circle- Music and Movement
- 11:50-12 Half-Day Pick Up
- 12:00-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:00 Outside Play
- 1:00-1:15 Handwashing/Bathroom
- 1:15-1:45 Quiet Reading
- 1:45-2:15 Circle Time
- 2:15-2:45 Small Group/Project
- 2:45- 3:00 Clean Up/Coats/Pick-Up
- (3:00-5:30 After Care)